I'm impossible to forget but hard to remember.

Monday, July 23, 2007

My hurts.

So today has been a tough day for me. My best friend, Kristy, lost her Dad this morning. I really don't even know what to say, my heart is hurting so much.

When I lived in Orlando, Kristy and I would take trips down to Ft. Lauderdale to see her Dad and brother and we always had so much fun. I always appreciated him letting me stay in his home. And I will always remember the time he took us all out to dinner and on the way home we were all singing along to Lowrider and acting like idiots. But man, it was a blast!

I just wish I could physically be there for Kristy and Brian-her brother. Unfortunately, they are in Alabama, where Tom had moved a couple of years ago, and I am here in Oklahoma. I have my cousins wedding this week in Texas and frankly, I just don't have enough money to hop a flight and be there for my best friend and second family. I know that Kristy would be here for me in a heartbeat if the tables were turned, and I feel like I am letting her down by not being there.

You see, Kristy and I have a different kind of relationship than most friends. We are soul mates in a completely platonic way. It's hard to explain really. I've never had another person in my life like Kristy. She actually is the only person who has never let me down. She is always there for me, no matter what. And she gets me like no one else ever has. And vice versa. I couldn't have asked for a better blessing in my life. She is my earthly angel and I miss her every single day. But I know that no matter where life may take us, we will always remain close and constant. I honestly do not know where I would be without her or how I got along all these years without her.

So with all that being said, I wish there was someway I could be there for her. Of course I'm there in spirit and she knows that, but I wish I could wrap my arms around her and tell her that everything i
s going to be ok. Because it will be. In time.

That Tom was quite a character and he will be missed.



***On a lighter note***

I just got back from Hugo, Oklahoma on a mission trip to Goodland Boys Home. I started going there when I was in freshman in high school with my church youth group and I was fortunate enough to go along as a sponsor with my friend Isaac's youth group. He is the Youth Minister at his church in Durant and he asked me, his sister, and mom to go and be sponsors for his youth. It was amazing, and I had such a great time like we always do! I will write more about this later and post some pics eventually.


I'm headed out to Texas this week! My cousin is getting married in Houston and I'm going to visit a few friends that I have not seen in awhile and some family that I rarely see as well. I'm super excited and can't wait!


Well, I've got to get going. It's really late, and I'm super exhausted.
Hope you're all doing well, and remember to tell the ones you care about that you love them. When our time is up, there are nothing but regrets. So go on, mend some fences if you must, and tell them that you
LOVE THEM!
I'm working on this myself.

XOXO~T

No comments: