I'm impossible to forget but hard to remember.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Boomer! Sooner?

So as I said in my last blog, I'm having trouble with OU right now. Well, here's the frustrating story...

I applied at OU last summer-2006-and a few weeks later I got my acceptance letter. I was so happy and excited, I couldn't stand it!! I was accepted to begin classes in Jan. 2007, only one semester away!
Well, I began thinking how hard it would be to move during Christmas and all, so I decided to defer my enrollment until the Fall of 07. OU told me no problem, just send my final transcript after that current semester-Fall of 06- and then my schedule at Cameron for the Spring of 07 to prove that I was going to be continuing my education that next semester. Easy enough, right?
So I get the things I need to send off to OU and I mail them to the admissions office, oh back in Feb. or March.
Last month, I went online to enroll at OU and the website was not recognizing my student ID that OU had issued me. I called the enrollment office and they said they needed to transfer me to the admissions office. There, a lady tells me that my admission was still pending. I was confused. She said they never received the final transcript and class schedule that I had sent off back in Feb. or March. So now, I have to get my transcript once again from Cameron which takes about a week or so and send it off to OU.
I just sent it off on Friday, and I sent it certified this time so I will have proof that they received it the second time around. I should be getting that very soon. I was tempted to drive up there myself and deliver it in person, but I figured certified would work just as well. Hopefully, I can get my admission approved once again and get enrolled in time for classes that begin in a few weeks. I still have no place to live, however, as I was waiting to make sure that I was enrolled before I went up there. I would hate to find a place and then find out I'm going to Cameron again. And I was really hoping that I could buy a place as opposed to renting. But time is short, and I want to make sure I have time to look for a place before I invest that much money into something. Looks like I'll be renting for now.
Oh, and one more thing that makes this all frustrating for me, I didn't do so well this past semester at school. I actually dropped my GPA from a 3.0 to a 2.5, mainly because I had signed up for a Saturday class that I totally forgot about and now I have a nice big fat 'F' on my transcript. So that all sucks. My GPA is still above the minimum requirement for OU, but still. It kinda blows your ego just a tad.

Anyway, that's the story. I'll let you know how it goes and if I get to go to OU this semester or not. I really hope so because I'm totally looking forward to the football games! Go Sooners!


XOXO~T

No comments: